Emergency Air Conditioning
We understand that when temperatures heat up, going for days (or in some cases, hours) without an air conditioner is simply not an option. That’s why we offer quick, reliable emergency air conditioning system services. Speedy response time to serve you better. Once we get a chance to evaluate your system, we will do our best to provide you with cost-effective options to get your air conditioner running again.
When your air conditioning system lets you down during Jacksonville’s warmest months, Comfortmasters is here to help. Don’t suffer through the heat. Call right away to schedule your emergency appointment.
Air Conditioning Installation
Our air conditioning installation services are second to none. No job is too big or too small for our team, and we aim to deliver complete customer satisfaction on every project we undertake. We also offer a wide selection of air conditioner models at affordable prices to meet your specific needs.
Trained Installation Experts
With nearly three decades of experience, our team has the tools and expertise needed to perform all necessary repairs to your HVAC unit. First, our technicians will accurately diagnose your air conditioning unit and offer practical solutions. Once the issue has been diagnosed, we will specify a timeline for repairs, working around your schedule to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
AC Repair Services
Our skilled team certified NATE technicians have decades of combined experience in the HVAC industry. We'll identify the issue, form a solution, and fill your home with healthy, comfortable air.
What are the most common repair issues?
A few of the most common air conditioning problems that call for emergency repair include:
Strange noises during startup or operation
AC unit won’t turn on
Warm air exits out of the supply registers
Humming unit, but fan won’t turn on
The fan runs, but compressor does not work
Water is pooling outside of the air conditioner
Why has your AC unit stopped functioning?
What’s behind the problems listed above? Here are a few reasons your air conditioning unit is not functioning as it should:
- The Unit is Without Power: This may be due to poor wiring or even an overheated unit that has shut itself off. Our technicians are able to fix the wring, reset the circuit breaker, and even make sure no plants or shrubs are blocking the airflow on your HVAC unit in Jacksonville.
- Worn Fan Belt: A high-pitched squealing sound generally indicates a worn fan belt.
- Defective Fan Motor: A defective fan motor can prevent air circulation in your home or commercial space. A repair or replacement of the motor is necessary.
- Refrigerant Leak: If you are hearing a hissing sound coming from your unit, you likely have a refrigerant leak. Our technicians can quickly diagnose and service a leak before it causes major damage.
- Frozen Evaporator Coil: A low refrigerant level, continued operation at night, poor circulation, and more can all lead to a frozen evaporator coil. This will make the air exiting your unit feel very warm. Turn the AC unit off and contact a technician immediately.
- Clogged Condensation Drain: Different types of debris can build up and clog your condensation drain over time – which could lead to water damage. A practiced HVAC technician is able to flush the system and prevent future clogs.
- Defective Compressor: This is indicated by a running fan, but warm air exiting your compressor. Talk to your technician immediately about your repair or replacement options.
Thankfully, Comfortmasters is here to identify and repair your broken air conditioning unit as quickly as possible!
Comfort Club - Our Preventative Maintenance Plan
Another important part of maintaining your AC is scheduling Preventative Maintenance checkup. We will do a 43-point check on your system twice a year, once in the fall and once in the spring. We do this in order to make sure the system is working as efficiently as possible. Comfortmasters will ensure that your air conditioner is in tip-top shape and that it will last for years to come. Plus, our experts at Comfortmasters can address smaller problems that could grow into larger, much more costly issues in the future.
Maintaining Your AC System
Here are a few tips from the experts on how to maintain your air conditioning unit.
- Check Air Filters: It’s imperative that you check the air filters in your AC unit monthly. If this filter is dirty, it should either be cleaned immediately or replaced. Failing to change this filter can cause it to become clogged, which will result in an overworked unit and restricted air flow in your home.
- Keep Your Unit Clean: Make sure you regularly clean each individual component of your AC unit regularly. This way you can avoid grime, dirt, and anything else that is decreasing efficiency.
- Clear the Area Surrounding the Condenser: This way, you can make sure nothing is obstructing the outside of your AC unit. Make sure you keep bushes trimmed back and prevent any other greenery from growing too close to the unit.
Benefits of the Comfort Club
Tune ups: We provide two automatic 43 point tune-ups on your air conditioning and heating system. This happens once in the fall and once in the spring. Full warranties are provided on all work performed, and value pricing on all repairs.
Lengthens Life of Equipment: According to the Florida Energy Council, proper maintenance will add five to seven years to the life of your equipment. With a new system costing between $2,500 and $5,000, this means you’ll save approximately $200 to $400 savings each year.
Eliminates Emergency Breakdown: Proper Preventative Maintenance also identifies potential problems before they cause equipment failure. This reduces the temperature extremities in your home. All of our preventative maintenance customers, over 98%, never require an emergency call. Your comfort is our primary concern.
Reduces Power Bills: According to the Jacksonville Electric Authority (JEA) a properly maintained system costs $200 to $300 per year less to operate than a poorly maintained system. This alone pays for your Preventative Maintenance Program and provides you with significant savings.
Value Pricing on All Services: This means a discount on all needed services.
Operational Warranty Protection: All Preventative Maintenance calls include a complete operational warranty on all systems that are deemed in proper operation at the end of the inspection.
Priority Customer Treatment: This includes guaranteed 24-hour service. System failures generally during extreme weather conditions. The Preventative Maintenance Agreement gives you priority treatment.
Jacksonville's Best Air Conditioning Maintenance Company
Comfortmasters, Inc. is your ‘one-stop-shop’ for home air conditioning services. Everybody wants to be comfortable in their own home, and a properly functioning air conditioner is essential to achieving homeostasis. That’s why so many people in Jacksonville, FL trust us to ensure their home’s air conditioner is working well.
Don’t let your family go another day without the comfort and benefits of an efficient home air conditioner. Call Comfortmasters, today to hear more about our services and schedule an appointment.
Wondering what kind of air conditioning system you currently have?
There are several systems used in homes and businesses alike. These systems include:
Evaporative cooling is best in dry climates. The machines use the evaporation of water to draw her from the air. As a breeze blows over a moist medium (i.e. fabric), the water molecules are then dispersed into the air so they are able to absorb the surrounding heat.
- They offer many health benefits, as they use a constant flow of fresh air.
- They have a very low environmental impact.
- The cost of using evaporative cooling is approximately a third of the cost of standard air conditioning.
Split System Air Conditioners
Split system AC units function through a delivery system called “ducting” As the cooling process in the evaporator coils takes place, an air handler or a blower will blow across the coils to distribute the cooling. This cool air enters the ducts and channels the air to every room in the home or commercial space. Unlike many systems, the split system is able to cool an entire home with just one system!
- They deliver cool air anywhere in the home, even to the room that is farthest away from the evaporator coil.
- The system removes contaminants trapped in the filter which keeps your indoor air clean.
- Your energy loss is minimized creating an energy-efficient method of cooling.
Ductless Split AC Systems
Ductless split AC systems have both indoor unit that is mounted to the wall and an indoor unit that is placed next to your home. While these systems do not use ducts, they have hoses that run from the room or rooms that need cooled to the outdoor condenser unit. This way, all desired rooms of the house can stay cool and comfortable.
- The unit can cool any desired number of rooms in your home.
- They are incredibly cost efficient.
- The unit is economically friendly and is energy efficient.
Window or Wall Units
Window units are simply a single box that sits on the window of your home. All parts of an air conditioner are housed in this unit. Installation of this system is very simple, and the units are portable. Wall units function similarly, but their installation is not quite as simple because they require wall modification.
- Their wiring is simple.
- The machines do not require a lot of space, as they are very compact.
- A window or wall unit is very low in cost in comparison to other AC methods.
- The units are self-contained and do not require many tools for installation.
Central Air Units
These units are sold and installed as single air conditioning units. The compressor is placed on a wall outside or on a rooftop, much like any other central air conditioning unit. The controls and blower section of this unit sits inside a ceiling space or on a wall. There is no great distance for the cool air to travel, so these units are efficient in cooling rooms quickly without wasting efficiency.
- The units are portable.
- They are an inexpensive option for dorm rooms and other small spaces.
- They are environmentally friendly